(btw – do you know that President Bush, the “Evil W,” has been working since Day One of his Presidency to make changes and rein in Fannie & Freddie? Including some 18 attempted measures this year alone? – but the Dems stall him out every time!)
And yesterday, John McCain finally hit Obama HARD, where it hurts:
John McCain today in Cedar Rapids, IA, said Barack Obama has done nothing to help the nation avert fiscal crisis:
“Senator Obama talks a tough game on the financial markets but the facts tell a different story. He took more money from Fannie and Freddie than any Senator but the Democratic chairman of the committee that regulates them. He put Fannie Mae’s CEO who helped create this disaster in charge of finding his Vice President. Fannie’s former General Counsel is a senior advisor to his campaign. Whose side do you think he is on? When I pushed legislation to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Senator Obama was silent. He didn’t lift a hand to avert this crisis.”
No, I’m not going to publish the photo – although he looks a heck of a lot more groomed and self-respecting on the cover of People magazine than he did in photos announcing the birth of his son.
Clay Aiken, squeaky-clean Idol and self-professed Christian, has outed himself. He says he’s going to be an honest dad.
Bilge and nonsense.
Look, Clay. Being gay isn’t morally heroic. Self-denial is.
I feel sort of sorry for you, and always have done. You’re cute as a bug, you had a rotten rap of male role models, and you’re manifestly a mama’s boy – it’s a dangerous combination.
But, honey, you need to face facts. Being gay isn’t set in concrete. The ancient Corinthians were gay and then some – and they converted to Christianity and gave up the pagan-associated behaviors (look at Paul’s letters to the Corinthians – “Such WERE some of you – but you have been bought!”)
Give it up. Make friends with some strong and decent straight guys who can teach you how to grow a pair.
Adrienne loves me! Loves my blog! same difference –
First I must answer the questions below with ONE word answers, then I get to pick seven other bloggers to pass it on to – see instructions, below.
1. Where is your cell phone? briefcase 2. Where is your significant other? who? 3. Your hair color? greying 4. Your mother? heaven 5. Your father? heaven 6. Your favorite thing? Chant 7. Your dream last night? entertaining 8. Your dream/goal? Sainthood 9. The room you’re in? living 10. Your hobby? music 11. Your fear? heights 12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? married 13. Where were you last night? Chorale 14. What you’re not? spiteful 15. One of your wish-list items? Rome 16. Where you grew up? Aberdeen 17. The last thing you did? ate 18. What are you wearing? slacks 19. Your TV? Dead 20 Your pet? cat 21. Your computer? MacBook 22. Your mood? low 23. Missing someone? yes 24. Your car? Ford 25. Something you’re not wearing? yes 26. Favorite store? Macys 27. Your summer? revelatory 28. Love someone? yes 29. Your favorite color? varies 30. When is the last time you laughed? today 31. Last time you cried? years
Now, for you recipients of this award, here’s the deal:
* Display your award.
* Link back to the person who gave you the award.
* Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (I know that’s a lot so just do what you can do)
* Put links to those blogs on yours.
* Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.